Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Climb Every Mountain

Mike and some friends hiked Mt. Fuji last week.

The traditional way to hike Mt. Fuji is to hike all night so that you are at the top at sunrise.  They started in the evening and got to the summit about 3 hours before sunrise.  Mike thought he had taken enough warm outerwear, but he said it was a cold three hour wait for the sun to come up.



Sunrise on the summit

The crowds ascending....or descending.  I'm not sure which.

I think this amazing.  So many people!  Shibuya's got nothing on Fuji-san.

From everything I have read and heard from others, hiking Fuji is something people are glad to do once, but after it's done, there isn't much interest in doing it again.  Mike concurs.  I told him he will have to do it at least one more time, though - with me!  Someday.

1 comment:

kelsey said...

Pretty cool to say you've hiked Mt. Fuji, especially for sunrise!