Sunday, January 25, 2015

A beautiful day at Hachi Kogen


Saturday was my best skiing day ever in Japan.  It was sunny and the temperature was just above freezing, so for once I stayed warm.  Even hot!  My hands were sweating!  It was awesome!  The Hammerschmitts and Douglas's came with us, so we had friends along to make it even more fun.  Mike spent the morning helping teach the kids that had never skied before.  Beaver seemed impressed by this and commented to Kristin and I, "Dad is an engineer AND a ski teacher!  I need to tell Mrs. Ito (his teacher) that my dad is an engineer and a ski teacher."

Last night Beaver had been tucked in bed and Mike and I were downstairs.  The kitchen door opened and Beaver peeked his head through.  "Beaver, you need to go to sleep.  Go upstairs to your bed."  I firmly reprimanded him.  "I just need to tell you one thing." Beaver protested, coming up beside me.  "Okay.  Tell me one thing." I said.  He looked at me seriously and said, "There are so many choices about what I should be when I grow up.  How do I know if I should be a police officer, or a scientist, or a ski jumper?"  Oh, the dilemmas of an almost 7 year old.

2 comments:

Fran said...

Love that miniature skier next to you!

kelsey said...

Such cute Beaver quotes!